It’s been quiet here at the Vicksburg District Library. Since Summer Adventure ended, everyone has been enjoying the last bit of summer vacation before the long Labor Day weekend. On that note, please remember we’ll be closed here on Monday, September 2nd and that we’ll reopen on Tuesday the 3rd for our regular hours and programs. Hopefully our Michigan summer will go out with plenty of sunshine and love for all of us!
The Writer’s Roundtable will be holding its monthly meeting this week on Wednesday the 28th at 1:00pm. This month’s prompt is as follows: “Write about a risk you’ve taken. What happened? Was it worth it?” Join us as we exchange ideas on writing and share in the writing adventure.
The Vicksburg District Library will be participating in the Vicksburg Community Schools Annual Tailgate at Vicksburg High School. The event is this Friday, August 30th at 4:30pm. We’ll be on hand to talk about services, getting a library card with us, and all the fun programs we have coming up for both kids and adults! Be sure to stop by and say hi.
Keep in Mind
Labor Day weekend marks our last weekend where we are closed on Sundays. Starting Sunday, September 8th, we will be open seven days a week until Memorial Day weekend 2020. Our Sunday hours will be 1:00pm to 5:00pm with patron computers automatically shutting down at 4:45pm. If you have any questions, be sure to contact us at 269-649-1648.
Dates to Remember
- Monday the 26th @ 7:00pm: Quilters Class
- Tuesday the 27th @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 27th @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Wednesday the 28th @ 1:00pm: Writer’s Roundtable
- Thursday the 29th @ 10:45am: Tai chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Friday the 30th @ 4:30pm: VCS Tailgate at Vicksburg High School
- Saturday the 31st @ 10:00am: Quilters
- Monday the 2nd: Library Closed. Happy Labor Day!
- Thursday the 5th @ 9:00am: Adult Book Club