The Vicksburg District Library is now offering forty-five (45) minute appointments where patrons from a single, immediate household are allowed into the Library to browse the stacks, use a computer, or the copy/fax machine.
To protect our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Vicksburg District Library currently has the following requirements in place for all visitors who choose to book a Computer/Browsing appointment with us. Please read over the list carefully. If you are unable to follow any of these requirements for any reason, please call us so we may discuss what options we can offer to best serve you. This may include switching you to a Curbside Service appointment instead.
Computer/Browsing sessions are provided strictly by appointment only. Walk ups will not be allowed or served.
All visitors to the Vicksburg District Library are required to follow these guidelines:
- All visitors booked for an appointment are to be limited to a single, immediate household.
- All visitors ages five and older are to wear a fabric or cloth face mask securely over the mouth and nose during the duration of the appointment. Masks CANNOT be a clear plexiglass shield or made of mesh fabric. The mask CANNOT be removed during the appointment. All masks must be on and firmly in place before entering the building.
- Visitors are expected to arrive on time. Visitors who arrive early for their appointment will wait outside until their appointment time. Appointments begin at the scheduled time, so visitors who arrive late to their appointment will not receive extra time at the end.
- Any items selected by a visitor, but not checked out, are to be placed on a book cart or table so that they may be sanitized by staff.
- At the end of the appointment, visitors are required to leave promptly so staff may sanitize surfaces for the next appointment.
- The Vicksburg District Library reserves the right to cancel an appointment or ask visitors to leave the building early if they do not follow these guidelines or rules set in the Behavior Policy.
Please also note the following:
- Social distancing measures are in place.
- Library meeting rooms are closed at this time.
- No food or drink is allowed in the library. Water fountains have been shut off.
- Seating has been pulled.
- Toys are not available for children.