Visiting the Vicksburg District Library is a bit different right now due to COVID-19. But we are working hard to provide you the best service we can while keeping our patrons and staff as safe and healthy as possible. This page will let you know what to expect if you are looking to book an appointment to visit the Library. It lists what we can offer, what services are limited, what procedures are in place, and how to make appointments for your visit. As always, if you have any questions, you are welcome to contact us at email@example.com or (269) 649-1648.
Curbside Service Appointments
Make an appointment and let us take care of everything while you wait from the comfort of your car. These appointments are ideal for those just picking up items that were placed on hold and ready for pick up, getting copies made, or sending a fax. We come to you and do all the running!
Curbside Services are provided strictly by appointment only. Walk ups will not be allowed or served.
Need to come into the Library so you can use a computer? Want to browse the stacks in order to check out items? These forty-five (45) minute appointments are for you! We schedule you for a session to come in and get what you need done.
Computer/Browsing sessions are provided strictly by appointment only. Walk ups will not be allowed or served.
The Vicksburg District Library is quarantining items immediately upon their return. Based off of research currently being found by the REALM (Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums) Project, results are showing that COVID-19 can last on various library materials longer than initially thought. Therefore, all returned items are quarantined for a period of seven (7) days before they are checked in.
Here is what quarantining items means for you as a patron:
- When an item is returned to us at the library, we put the item directly into quarantine. This is to safely prevent exposure for our employees and staff. This means your items will not be checked in until the seven (7) day quarantine is complete. This will be reflected on your account.
- However, once the quarantine period is complete, all items will be checked in for the date your item was returned to the library. This process should erase all fines that were acquired during the quarantine period. We recommend to you a ten (10) day period to make sure the check ins have been completed and the fines erased.
- If after ten (10) days you are finding this is not the case, we encourage you to contact us and we will be happy to work with you to correct the problem.
- You will more than likely receive a notice that items you have already turned in are late. We kindly ask for you to disregard the message if this is the case. As many of these messages are generated automatically by our library’s system, there is little we can do to correct it at this time.
The Vicksburg District Library is strictly adhering to all face mask protocols issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Health and Community Services Department of Kalamazoo, requiring that anyone who enters the Library for service must wear a proper face mask. Those who are unable to wear a face mask for medical reasons are highly encouraged to contact us before you visit so we can make arrangements to properly assist you.
A proper face mask MUST securely cover the entire mouth and nose. The mask MUST be made of cloth that does not contain holes or is a grade of material used in a medical setting, such as a medical paper mask. Face shields are not acceptable. Masks made of hosiery/cheese cloth or mesh are not permitted in the Vicksburg District Library. Masks MUST be properly worn. They may not be held over the face.
The following examples are acceptable face mask coverings:
The following examples are NOT acceptable face mask coverings:
Limited Resources & Services
Some resources and services may be limited or not available at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. They are subject to change at any time and are not limited to the following list:
- Patron computers are socially distanced. Time limits are enforced.
- Periodicals and newspapers are not available at this time.
- Programming has been limited to online/virtual programming for all ages. See our Calendar of Events for a listing of what we have coming up.
- No meeting rooms are available for registration at this time.
- Toys are unavailable in the children’s area.
- Furniture has been pulled to encourage social distancing and limit lingering in the library.
- The receipt of MeLCat Interlibrary Loan items may take longer than expected.