Closes Friday, August 7, 2020 at 5:00pm
The Vicksburg District Library is currently seeking applications for a Library Page. This 6 hour per week position is great for teens looking to start their first job or anyone wishing to enter into the library field. Applicants must be 16 years of age or older and understand the Dewey Decimal System. A Page may be asked to move 20 pounds at a time. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. All those interested, please visit the Circulation Desk at the library and fill out an application. We will be in contact if you are chosen for an interview!
Library Page: A Page’s purpose is to support the library’s mission and service by shelving and organizing materials, locating missing materials, reading and straightening shelves and displays, and other duties as assigned by the Director or the Page’s supervisor.
- Shelving books, CDs, DVDs, audiobooks, magazines, and other library materials.
- Move and shift library materials into their prescribed order, which includes shelf reading and organizing DVDs.
- Straightening shelves and displays.
- Edging materials on the shelves.
- Searching for missing items, items that were claimed returned, and other items of note.
- Directing patron requests to an appropriate staff member.
- Directing questions to the Head of Circulation or the Director.
All Vicksburg District Library employees, including Pages, are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Use of work time
- Job knowledge and understanding
- Productivity and efficiency
- Quality of work
- Problem solving
- Public interaction/customer service
- Following procedures
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to understand decimals and the Dewey Decimal System
- Ability to successfully communicate with staff and patrons
- Ability to follow policies and job requirements
If you have any questions, please contact Head of Circulation Services Adrianne Schinkai at email@example.com or at the Circulation Desk at (269) 649-1648.