Visiting the Vicksburg District Library is a bit different right now due to COVID-19. This page should help answer some of your questions about visiting the library and what services are limited at this time. As always, if you have any questions, you are welcome to contact us at email@example.com or (269) 649-1648.
The Vicksburg District Library is quarantining items immediately upon their return. The quarantine period has recently been increased to seven (7) days. This is based off of research currently being found by the REALM (Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums) Project, showing that the COVID-19 can last on various library materials longer than first initially thought.
Here is what quarantining means for you as a patron:
- When an item is returned to us at the library in our drop boxes outdoors or in our bin at the Circulation Desk, we put the item directly into quarantine. This is to safely prevent exposure for our employees and staff. This means your items will not be checked in until the seven (7) day quarantine is complete. This will be reflected on your library account.
- However, once the quarantine period is complete, all items will be checked in for the date your item was returned to the library. This process should erase all fines that were acquired during the quarantine period. We recommend to you a ten (10) day period to make sure the check ins have been completed and the fines erased.
- If after ten (10) days you are finding this is not the case, we encourage you to contact us and we will be happy to correct the problem.
- You will more than likely receive a notice that items you have already turned in are late. We kindly ask for you to disregard the message if this is the case. As many of these messages are generated automatically by our library’s system, there is little we can do to correct it at this time.
The Vicksburg District Library is strictly adhering to Emergency Order Under MCL 333.2253 – Gathering Prohibition and Mask Order, issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, as well as the Health and Community Services Department of Kalamazoo, requiring that anyone who enters the Library for service must wear a proper mask or face covering. Those who are unable to wear a face mask or covering for medical reasons are highly encouraged to contact us before your visit so we can make arrangements to properly assist you. This may include making a Curbside Pick Up appointment.
A proper face mask MUST cover the entire mouth and nose. The mask MUST be made of clothe that does not contain holes or is a grade of material used in a medical setting, such as a medical paper mask or plastic face shield. Masks made of hosiery/cheese cloth or mesh are not permitted in the Vicksburg District Library.
The following examples are acceptable face mask coverings:
The following examples are NOT acceptable face mask coverings:
LIMITED RESOURCES & SERVICES
Some resources and services may be limited or not available at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These resources and services are subject to change at any time and are not limited to the following list:
- Patron computers are socially distanced. Use per patron is limited to one hour per day.
- Periodicals are not available at this time.
- Programming has been limited to online/virtual programming for all ages. See our Calendar of Events for a listing of what we have coming up.
- The Meeting Room is not available for reservations at this time.
- The Quiet Room is available for single person use only and must be reserved in advance.
- Toys are not out and available in the children’s area.
- Some furniture has been pulled to encourage social distancing.
- The receipt of MeL Interlibrary Loan items may take longer than expected.
CURBSIDE PICK UP
The Vicksburg District Library is currently offering Curbside Pick Up by appointment only for those who do not wish to enter the Library at this time. Please follow these steps if you would like to participate in this service:
- Place any items you would like to receive on hold in the Catalog or through MeL Interlibrary Loan.
- We will call to notify you when the item is available at the Library for pick up.
- Ask the Library Clerk to set an appointment for you for Curbside Pick Up. They will confirm a date and time for you to pull in.
- Pull into the Vicksburg District Library parking lot at your appointment time (be sure to wear a mask!)
- Call the Library to let them know you are here.
- Present your Vicksburg District Library card or state issued ID.
- Get your items and head home!