We hope your Easter and Passover were wonderful holidays while we were closed yesterday. It was the perfect day to get the grill out and enjoy the sunshine. But now it’s Monday and we are back at it at the library!
This last Saturday, the Vicksburg District Library was taken over by Vikings! The Norsemen of Michigan Living History Society provided a fantastic program demonstrating daily life between the 10th and 12th century. While lectures were presented downstairs, exhibits took place on the front lawn of the library. Thank you to the Norsemen of Michigan Living History Society for a great day for us and our patrons!
The Writer’s Roundtable will be meeting on Wednesday at 1:00pm. This session’s topic is to write about a piece of jewelry that is important to you.
Quilters will be meeting on Saturday in the meeting room at 10:00am. Bring all your supplies and be ready to have a nice day.
CHECK IT OUT
Just announced this week, author Joe Grimm will be at the Vicksburg District Library on Wednesday, May 15th @ 6:00pm presenting on his latest book, The Faygo Book (2019 Michigan Notable Book Award and 2019 Midwest Book Awards Finalist). The event is free, open to all ages, and will talk about the history of one of Detroit’s staples of life! We hope to see you there!
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Monday the 22nd @ 7:00pm: Quilters Class
- Tuesday the 23rd @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 23rd @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Wednesday the 24th @ 1:00pm: Writer’s Roundtable
- Thursday the 25th @ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Thursday the 25th @ 6:30pm: Sign Language Class
- Saturday the 27th @ 10:00am: Quilters
- Monday the 29th @ 10:30am: Family Story Time
- Monday the 29th @ 6:00pm: Essential Oil Lifestyle Group
- Thursday the 2nd @ 9:00am: Book Club for Adults