Happy Tuesday! We’re getting a late start this week. Let’s blame it on all that rain, shall we? But at least it’ll be a great for all the grass and flowers. That being said, reminder to all of our gardeners out there that our inaugural Library Garden Day will be Saturday, May 25th from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Bring all your gardening gear, a blanket, and a bag lunch and we’ll have a fun day sprucing up the flower beds all around Vicksburg District Library! Hopefully without the rain though. PS Free Gatorade for all who participate!
Book Club for Adults had a great time discussing all of the different biographies they read while snacking on raspberry muffins. The next meeting will be Thursday, June 6th @ 9:00am. We will be discussing Furiously Happy by online personality and mental health advocate Jenny Lawson.
This coming Saturday, May 11th will be a busy day at the library.
First, starting at 10:00am in the Heritage Room, the Southwest Michigan Button Box Club will be having their meeting. Did you check out their display in the lobby case during April? It was a great example of the type of artwork the group produces.
Secondly, a library favorite, Tai Chi instructor Ed Kehoe will be leading a Circle Walking Class for anyone who wishes to participate. Please keep in mind that there is a $20.00 fee for each participant with this class. It starts at 10:15am and will take place in the Meeting Room downstairs.
Check This Out
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and the Vicksburg District Library is showing its advocacy. In addition to the Book Club for Adults reading Furiously Happy (a memoir about living with mental illness), green awareness ribbons are abound with books dealing with the realness of mental health. Our media board full of podcasts, audiobooks, and video games with thoughtful tidbits as well. Be sure to stop in and check it all out. if you have any questions about the display, be sure to speak with Reference Librarian Adrianne.
We have a few important points coming up with our schedule.
First, the Vicksburg District Library will be closed on Monday, May 27th in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
Secondly, Memorial Day marks the beginning of our summer hours. While our hours Monday through Saturday will be the same, the library will be closed on Sundays until after Labor Day.
Please make note of this in your schedules. If you have any questions, you may contact us at the Circulation Desk.
Dates to Remember
- Tuesday the 7th @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 7th @ 12:30pm: Brown Bag Lunch
- Tuesday the 7th @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Wednesday the 8th @ 7:00pm: Vicksburg Planning Commission
- Thursday the 9th @ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Thursday the 9th @ 6:30pm: Sign Language Class
- Saturday the 11th @ 10:00am: SW Michigan Button Box Club
- Saturday the 11th @ 10:15am: Circle Walking Class with Ed Kehoe ($20.00)
- Wednesday the 15th @ 6:00pm: The Faygo Book with Joe Grimm
- Thursday the 16th @ 6:00pm: Library Board Meeting
- Friday the 17th: Deadline for Book Donations for the Book Sale
- Friday the 17th @ 1:00pm: Movie Afternoon for Adults (Bridge on the River Kwai)
- Saturday the 18th @ 4:00pm: May Meander (taking place in the Historic Village)
- Saturday the 25th @ 10:00am: Library Garden Day
- Monday the 27th: Library Closed! Happy Memorial Day!