Everything is starting to get a bit bubbly in here! We are prepping for our big presentation on Wednesday, May 15 with author Joe Grimm and his newest release, The Faygo Book! The presentation starts at 6:00pm in the lower level meeting room and we will be featuring “pop shots” of five different Faygo flavors, as well as some other Michigan-based treats. Copies of The Faygo Book will be available to purchase, so be sure to join us for a popping good time! While you are more than welcome to borrow the library’s copy, trust us. You will want a copy of this excellent book for any Detroit/Michigan history enthusiast!
In preparation for our yearly big Book Sale, the last day to turn in donations will be this Friday, May 17th. All donations must be in by 4:45pm. If you miss the cut off, be sure to hold on to your donations until the end of June when we start collecting again!
Also this Friday, we will have our monthly Movie Afternoon for Adults. This month’s feature is Bridge on the River Kwai. The 1957 film stars William Holden, Alec Guinness, and Jack Hawkins, and is rated PG. While the viewing and popcorn are free, please no children. Thank you.
Check This Out
We will be at the May Meander in the Historic Village this Saturday, May 18th. Be sure to stop by and Vicksburg District Library table to say hi to Linda and Adrianne. We will be handing out material about events going on at the library over the summer. You’ll also have an opportunity to fill out our Adult Programming Survey to help us chose new programs for adults in the fall!
Dates to Remember
- Tuesday the 14th @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 14th @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Wednesday the 15th @ 6:00pm: The Faygo Book with Joe Grimm
- Thursday the 16th @ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Thursday the 16th @ 6:00pm: Library Board Meeting
- Friday the 17th: Deadline for Book Donations for the Book Sale
- Friday the 17th @ 1:00pm: Movie Afternoon for Adults (Bridge on the River Kwai)
- Saturday the 18th @ 4:00pm: May Meander (taking place in the Historic Village)
- Monday the 20th @ 7:00pm: Quilters Class
- Saturday the 25th @ 10:00am: Library Garden Day
- Monday the 27th: Library Closed! Happy Memorial Day!