The weather the last few days has been eventful. In true Michigan fashion, we’ve gone from chill, to sun, to summer thunderstorms, and back to chill again. On Saturday, we ended up packing it in a few minutes early at the May Meander as a storm moved in at the last minute, bringing in high winds and nasty thunder. But we’re used to that here in Vicksburg, right?
MSU professor and author Joe Grimm came to the library to present on his book The Faygo Book. We heard a fantastic history of the Faygo company, taste tested ten different flavors, and munched on Better Made Potato Chips. For anyone who missed the event, the library owns a copy of this book that you can check out. Ask Librarian Adrianne. It’s a great read!
Coming up this Saturday from 10:00 am to 2:00pm, we will be holding our first ever Library Garden Day! All ages are welcome to come help clean till, plant, and shape up the flower beds around the library and make them fabulous for the summer season. Bring a bag lunch because at noon we’ll picnic on the front lawn. We’ll provide the ice water and Gatorade to keep you going. Can’t make it to the event, but still want to help? We are accepting donations of flats of flowers, planting soil, pots, and tools. Feel free to contact us at the Circulation Desk with any questions.
Tuesday at 12:30pm will be our Brown Bag Lunch for Adults. Bring a sack lunch and come participate in cards, games, and relaxing afternoon at the library. Have any questions, feel free to contact Linda.
Check This Out
Thinking about hitting the road over the coming holiday weekend? Talking about planning a fun summer vacation? We’ve got you covered! The library is currently displaying resources to help plan a trip, whether you plan on seeing the world or staying local. A couple of resources, such as interstate roadmaps and campground guides, are free to take. So stop in a see what we have for you to help you get to your super destination!
Dates to Remember
- Monday the 20th @ 7:00pm: Quilters Class
- Tuesday the 21st @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 21st @ 12:30pm: Brown Bag Lunch
- Tuesday the 21st @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Thursday the 23rd @ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Saturday the 25th @ 10:00am: Quilters
- Saturday the 25th @ 10:00am: Library Garden Day
- Monday the 27th: Library Closed! Happy Memorial Day!
- Wednesday the 29th @ 1:00pm: Writer’s Roundtable
- Thursday the 30th @ 6:30pm: Sign Language Class
- Saturday the 1st: Summer Reading Adventure Starts!
- Friday the 7th: Book Sale!
- Saturday the 8th: Book Sale!
The period for donating books and materials to the library has been suspended until June 24th after we have completed all work for the upcoming Book Sale. Please do not bring anything in until we make the announcement that we are once again accepting donations. Thank you for your help and patience!