Parents, it’s that time again. It’s summer vacation. The kids are all out of school. Are they already bored and nagging you to do something? Now would be the perfect time to sign them up for Summer Adventure at the Vicksburg District Library. Open to ages infant to high school, Summer Adventure combines the classic summer reading program with art, exploration, food, movies, and everything else to keep kids out of the “summer slide.” To register, visit our Summer Adventure page. Registration is not done at the Circulation Desk. Have any questions? Give us a call at (269) 649-1648!
Last weekend was our big annual book sale! A heartfelt thank you to all of patrons who came in and purchased items to take home. All of the proceeds are going to benefit our children’s department. And an extra special thank you to all the wonderful people who worked the sale in order for it to happen! It never would have gone well without you!
After a week off due to the book sale, Ed Kehoe is back on Thursday at 10:45am for Tai Chi. $5.00 per person, Ed will lead you through a gentle routine to get you in the morning groove.
The Library Board will be holding its monthly meeting this Thursday the 20th at 6:00pm in the Heritage Room. All are welcome to observe.
CHECK THIS OUT
Looking for a new recipe to bring to the Independence Day Cookout? Wondering what to make with all those fresh veggies in your garden? Stop in to the Vicksburg District Library and check out our Cookbook Showcase! From meats and seafood to side dishes to desserts, we have you covered for all things tasty!
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Tuesday the 18th @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 18th @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Thursday the 20th @ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Thursday the 20th @ 6:00pm: Library Board Meeting
- Saturday the 22nd @ 10:00am: Jacksonian Button Club
- Saturday the 22nd @ 2:00pm: Book Tasting (for students who have completed 5th-8th grade)
- Monday the 24th @ 10:30am: Story Time
- Monday the 24th @ 12:30pm: Lunch Bunch Book Club (for students who have completed 5th-8th grade)
- Monday the 24th @ 7:00pm: Quilters Class
- Wednesday the 26th @ 11:00am: Create! (for children who have completed BK/K-4th grade)
- Wednesday the 26th @ 1:00pm: Writer’s Roundtable
- Wednesday the 26th @ 6:30pm: Summer Adventure for Tweens & Teens
- Friday the 28th @ 2:00pm: Summer Adventure Movie Time (The Incredibles 2)
- Saturday the 29th @ 10:00am: Quilters