We hope you all had a great Independence Day holiday weekend. We’re still dreaming of BBQ, corn on the cob, and plenty of apple pie here at the library. Hopefully with the beautiful weather, there will be more of that in store this summer!
While we were closed on July 4th, we still managed to have a bit of fun in the Vicksburg District Library with Summer Adventure. Youth Librarian Stephanie hosted summer Story Time for the little ones on Monday. On Friday, BK/K-4th graders got to munch on popcorn and enjoy the cool basement while they watched Ralph Breaks the Internet!
The 5th through 8th graders will get their chance to enjoy a film on Wednesday as Summer Adventure features its Book2Movie event. Youth Librarian Stephanie will be holding a discussion about Miles Morales, followed by a showing of SpiderMan: Into the Spider-Verse. While registration is encouraged, it is not required for this event. The fun starts at 1:00pm on Wednesday the 10th!
Books Club for Adults will be held this Thursday the 11th at 9:00am. Hard to believe we are already halfway through the year, right? That’s why we’ll be discussing our favorite books we’ve read so far in 2019. Bring yours and feel free to come join us for refreshments and great conversation.
Check This Out
Did you ever judge a book by its cover? That’s what we’re doing this month at the library. Come check out all the different, artistic covers created for all the novels we have on display!
Dates to Remember
• Tuesday the 9th @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
• Tuesday the 9th @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
• Wednesday the 10th @ 1:00pm: Book2Movie (for students who have completed 5th through 8th grade)
• Wednesday the 10th @ 7:00pm: Vicksburg Planning Commission
• Thursday the 11th @ 9:00am: Book Club for Adults
• Thursday the 11th @ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
• Thursday the 11th @ 6:00pm: Nelson “The Animal Guy” (for students who have completed BK/K-4th grade, registration required, being held at the Vicksburg United Methodist Church)
• Friday the 12th @ 2:00pm: Summer Adventure Movie Time! Mary Poppins Returns (for students who have completed BK/K-4th grade)
• Monday the 15th @ 10:30am: Story Time
• Monday the 15th @ 12:30pm: Lunch Bunch Book Club (for students who have completed 5th through 8th grade)
• Monday the 15th @ 6:30pm: Essential Oil Group
• Wednesday the 17th @ 11:00am: CREATE (for those who have completed BK/K through 4th grade)
• Thursday the 18th @ 6:00pm: Library Board Meeting
• Friday the 19th @ 6:00pm: Tween/Teen Nerf Challenge (for students who have completed 5th through 8th grade, registration and permission slip are strictly required)