We hope nobody lost power over the weekend due to any storms that rolled through. While the humidity is still on point, the heat has at least eased a bit. The good news is the showers have helped everyone’s flowers and lawns green up over the weekend. Maybe we’ll get lucky and the remainder of July won’t be so harsh!
On Thursday the 25th at 11:30am, Youth Librarian Stephanie will be hosting the Summer Adventure Color Run! This event will be held at Centennial Clubhouse just off of 22nd Street (address 1530Harper Grove Lane, Vicksburg) and is open for any children who have completed BK/K-4th grade. Registration is strongly encouraged and we hope you’ll join us for a colorful good time!
Adult Librarian Adrianne has announced the launching of some new adult-centered programs coming this fall! Starting in September, adult patrons will be able to participate in a new Yarn Arts Circle, Gaming Group, and enjoy movies on Wednesday evenings with their family. More details are coming soon and be sure to check our calendar for more upcoming events!
Check This Out
Did you binge season three of Stranger Things just a little too quickly? Need your creepy, crawly, 1980s style fix? Come check out the YA section at the library where Youth Librarian Stephanie has plenty of novels ready to get you in a frightful fantastical mood!
Dates to Remember
- Monday the 22nd @ 12:30pm: Summer Adventure Lunch Bunch (open to students who have completed 5th-8th grade)
- Monday the 22nd @ 7:00pm: Quilters Class
- Tuesday the 23rd @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 23rd @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Thursday the 25th@ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Thursday the 25th @ 11:30am: Summer Adventure Color Run (open to children who have completed BK/K-4th grade, registration required, taking place at the Centennial Clubhouse)
- Friday the 26th @ 2:00pm: Summer Adventure Movie Time – The Lego Movie 2 (Open to students who have completed BK/K-4th grade)
- Saturday the 27th @ 10:00am: Quilters
- Monday the 29th @ 10:30am: Story Time
- Wednesday the 31st @ 10:30am: Reading Challenge Celebration
- Wednesday the 31st @ 1:00pm: Writer’s Roundtable
- Wednesday the 31st @ 6:30pm: Reading Challenge Celebration!
- Thursday the 1st @ 9:00am: Book Club for Adults