Shhh…you hear that? It’s getting closer. That’s right. It’s almost…BACK TO SCHOOL TIME! Like it or not, it is just about three weeks until all the kiddos are back in the classroom. Do you need to grab something for the reading list? Be sure to come in and check out what we have before the rush. You are always allowed to search our catalog and place a hold from home. Or you can check out what’s available for you on OverDrive as well if you prefer ebooks.
On Friday, August 16th at 1:00pm, Movie Afternoon for Adults will be featuring the 2003 film Open Range, starring Kevin Costner, Robert Duvall, Annette Bening, and Diego Luna. This film is rated R for violence. This event is strictly for adults. Free popcorn will be served to attendees.
Saturday, August 17th at 1:00pm, Sue and Linda are back with a favorite library program, Card Making Afternoon Workshop! Registration is required and can be done at the Circulation Desk or by submitting on the Registration Page. The cost is five kits for $4.00 and additional kits are available for $1.00 each. We hope to see you there!
Check This Out
In preparation for back to school, we are featuring compelling documentaries in our DVD section to get the rusty gears in the brain oiled and turning once again. We’re featuring a wide range of topics, so be sure to come check out what we have to offer.
Dates to Remember
- Tuesday the 13th @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 13th @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Wednesday the 14th @ 7:00pm: Vicksburg Planning Commission
- Thursday the 15th @ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Thursday the 15th @ 6:00pm: Library Board Meeting
- Friday the 16th @ 1:00pm: Movie Afternoon for Adults (Open Range)
- Saturday the 17th @ 1:00pm: Greeting Card Afternoon Workshop
- Monday the 19th @ 6:30pm: Essential Oil Group