Happy first week of autumn everyone! The forecast calls for partly cloudy skies today with a high of 70 degrees. Seems like a perfect morning to go for a jog around town in a hoodie or grab a warm cup of tea.
Party in the Park was held in the Historical Village on Wednesday the 18th and the turn out was fantastic! Children enjoyed stories from readers from all over the Vicksburg area while munching on animal crackers and sipping juice. The event concluded with lots of trucks pulling up for all the kiddos to climb in and check out with their parents. A big shout out to Youth Librarian Stephanie who helped put on the event and all the readers who came in to lend a hand. We hope to see you all next year!
The new Gaming Group kicked off on Wednesday the 18th as well with classic card games. Participants enjoyed a couple rounds of Euchre, Crazy Eights, and Chase the Ace. The next Gaming Group will be Wednesday, October 16th at 6:00pm and will feature the board game Ticket to Ride. Come find out if you are the King of the Railroad as we play on boards featuring various countries!
The new program Movie Night for All kicks off this week with Back to the Future – Part One playing on Wednesday the 25th at 6:00pm. Fresh popcorn will be served and we recommend bringing a blanket or beanbag chair to sit and spread out in. Please note: Attendees under the age of 10 must have a parent or caregiver age 14 or older with them at all times. Members of library staff cannot act in loco parentis (as guardian) during this event. Those who do not follow this policy with be kindly asked to leave the event.
Check This Out
Suicide affects millions of people in the world each day and it can be tough to handle for the loved ones who are left behind. Patron Amy Reading has brought her group, Strength Among Survivors, to the Vicksburg District Library to support those parents who have lost children to suicide. The next meeting will be Thursday the 26th at 6:00pm. Please note: This is a social support group. There will be no medical professionals present. That being said, all are welcome.
Dates to Remember
- Monday the 23rd @ 10:30am: Family Story Time
- Monday the 23rd @ 7:00pm: Quilters Class
- Tuesday the 24th @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 24th @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Wednesday the 25th @ 1:00pm: Writer’s Roundtable
- Wednesday the 25th @ 6:00pm: Movie Night for All (Back to the Future – Part One)
- Thursday the 26th @ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Thursday the 26th @ 6:00pm: Strength Among Survivors
- Saturday the 28th @ 10:00am: Quilters
- Monday the 30th @ 6:30pm: Essential Oil Group
- Wednesday the 2nd @ 6:00pm: Yarn Arts Circle
- Thursday the 3rd @ 9:00am: Book Club for Adults