It’s that time again. Yes. It’s hard to believe it, but the holidays are officially here! Hopefully you Halloween was spent warm inside and you weren’t out in the rain and snow mix too much. On that note, below will be the dates when the Vicksburg District Library will be closed over the next few months:
- Thursday, November 28th for Thanksgiving
- Tuesday, December 24th for Christmas Eve
- Wednesday, December 25th for Christmas
- Tuesday, December 31st for New Year’s Eve
- Wednesday, January 1st for New Year’s Day
We will be open during our normally scheduled hours, weather permitting, of course. If you ever have a question about when we are open, be sure to check our website, our FaceBook page, or on the WWMT school closing page. You are always free to call us at (269) 649-1648 as well.
The Battle of the Books has begun! While the Vicksburg District Library is still acquiring some of the titles for this year’s 2019-2020 battle, we have the full list ready for you to view:
- Ms. Bixby’s Last Day by John Anderson
- Raymie Nightingale by Kate DiCamillo
- What is the Constitution? by Patricia Demuth
- The Familiars by Adam Jay Epstein
- Absolutely Almost by Lisa Graff
- Full of Beans by Jennifer Holm
- Who was Princess Diana? by Ellen Labrecque
- Wish by Barbara O’Connor
- Bob by Wendy Mass
- Towers Falling by Jewell Parker Rhodes
- Into the Killing Seas by Michael Spradlin
- Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage
All titles for Battle of the Books are available for a two-week checkout with no renewals due to demand. If you have any questions, please be sure to contact Youth Librarian Stephanie!
The Yarn Arts Circle will be holding its monthly meeting this week on Wednesday the 6th. We’ll be meeting in the lower level from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. We will have tea to pour and share while we work.
Book Club for Adults will be meeting this Thursday the 7th at 9:00am. We will be discussing The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells. A viewing of the film adaption will be shown next week on Friday the 15th at 1:00pm. We hope you will join us for both events!
Check This Out
On Wednesday, November 20th, the Gaming Group will be hosting a night of Yahtzee! Come join us for a relaxing night of shaking, rattling, and rolling. All are welcome, but children must be accompanied by an adult at all times and participate in the event.
Dates to Remember
- Tuesday the 5th @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 5th @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Wednesday the 6th @ 10:30am: Mugs & Hugs
- Wednesday the 6th @ 6:00pm: Yarn Arts Circle
- Thursday the 7th @ 9:00am: Book Club for Adults
- Thursday the 7th @ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Thursday the 7th @ 6:00pm: Strength Among Survivors
- Friday the 8th @ 1:00pm: Ladies Library Auxiliary Meeting
- Saturday the 9th @ 10:00am: SW Michigan Button Box Club
- Monday the 11th @ 10:30am: Family Story Time
- Thursday the 14th @ 12:30pm: Homeschool Book Club
- Friday the 15th @ 1:00pm: Movie Afternoon for Adults
- Saturday the 16th @ 1:00pm: Book Folding with Adrianne