We hope you all have a solemn Veteran’s Day while the snow is falling outside. It is supposed to accumulate throughout the day and the temperature is supposed to fall over the next couple of days. So be sure to bundle up when you are outdoors and take it easy on the roads and sidewalks. They have all proven to be slick. On that note, for those who are wondering, yes, the Vicksburg District Library is open today for our regular hours. So if you need a book or DVD to cozy up with, come on in! We will be here all day.
The Yarn Arts Circle met on Wednesday for coffee and chit chat while we worked on our projects. Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, December 4th at 6:00pm. We’ll have hot chocolate ready to serve, a Christmas classic on the big screen, and offer great company to finish your holiday projects to. We hope you will join us and take a break from the Christmas rush.
Book Club for Adults met for the first half of this month’s Book to Film Event with discussion of Rebecca Wells’ book The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. We will conclude the event this Friday the 15th by showing the film adaption as part of Movie Afternoon for Adults. The showing is at 1:00pm and free popcorn will be served. We hope to see you there!
Librarian Adrianne will be holding her Book Folding Event this Saturday, November 16th at 1:00pm. Ever wonder how crafters are able to put those neat designs into the pages of their books? Adrianne will teach you the basics! The event is free, but registration is required. So sign up on the library website, in person at the Circulation Desk, or give us a call.
Youth Librarian Stephanie will be hosting Yoga Story Time this Wednesday, November 13th at 7:00pm. Led by Melissa Stout, this is an event for children ages 3 to 8 and their parents. Feel free to come in your pajamas, hear a great story, and have a good stretch before bed!
Check This Out
The Vicksburg District Library is taking a look back in history for the month of November. With the approaching Thanksgiving holiday, our displays are reflecting on the events that defined us from the United States to across the globe. Stop in today to pick up a read or two.
Dates to Remember
- Tuesday the 12th @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 12th @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Wednesday the 13th @ 10:30am: Mugs & Hugs
- Wednesday the 13th @ 7:00pm: Yoga Story Time
- Thursday the 14th @ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Thursday the 14th @ 12:30pm: Homeschool Book Club
- Friday the 15th @ 1:00pm: Movie Afternoon for Adults (The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood)
- Saturday the 16th @ 1:00pm: Book Folding with Adrianne
- Monday the 18th @ 10:30am: Family Story Time
- Wednesday the 20th @ 2:45pm: Bulldog Break Time
- Wednesday the 20th @ 6:00pm: The Gaming Group (Yahtzee)
- Thrusday the 21st @ 6:00pm: Library Board Meeting
- Thursday the 21st @ 6:00pm: Strength Among Survivors
- Thursday the 28th: Library Closed! Happy Thanksgiving!