Welcome back from Thanksgiving break everyone! Did you get enough turkey, potatoes, and stuffing? Did you travel anywhere special? Spend time with someone you love? Whatever you did, we hope it was a wonderful and restful weekend for all of you. But now that December is here, we are definitely getting into the holiday spirit at the library!
Mugs & Hugs is back in session this week with Youth Librarian Stephanie. Play time begins at 10:30am on Wednesday the 4th, so be sure to bring your infants and toddlers in for the fun. A reminder to parents that there will be no Mugs & Hugs on December 18th and 25th, or on January 1st due to the holiday break.
Working on those last minute craft presents? Then join us on Wednesday evening for the Yarn Arts Circle at 6:00pm. Librarian Adrianne will have a pot of hot chocolate going and a holiday classic going on the big screen. So stop in, work a bit, and share your crafting love with everyone!
Book Club for Adults will be meeting this Thursday morning at 9:00am at the fireplace. A baked treat will be served while we discuss our choices for this month’s topic, World War II. If you have any questions or would like to join us, all are welcome and you can contact Librarian Adrianne at 269-649-1648.
Check This Out
Are you a big Downton Abbey fan? We will be holding a watch party for the Downton Abbey film on Thursday, January 2nd at 2:00pm. The library will provide tea and biscuits (cookies) for attendees and participants are encouraged to dress up in period attire (although it is not required). Please note that the library requests any patrons under the age of 18 be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The end of the year countdown is on! Our yearly display is up counting down the top 25 rated books of 2019. And the best part? The Vicksburg District Library owns them all! We’ll be publishing the complete list in the future. But until then, come check out the display as it grows revealing 2019’s best books. Can’t get a hold of a copy from the list? Let us know at the Circulation Desk and we’ll be happy to place a hold or order a MeL copy for you!
Dates to Remember
- Monday the 2nd @ 6:30pm: Essential Oil Group
- Tuesday the 3rd @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 3rd @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Wednesday the 4th@ 10:30am: Mugs & Hugs
- Wednesday the 4th @ 6:00pm: Yarn Arts Circle
- Thursday the 5th @ 9:00am: Book Club for Adults
- Thursday the 5th @ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Thursday the 5th @ 6:00pm: Strength Among Survivors
- Friday the 6th @ 1:00pm: Ladies Library Auxiliary Meeting
- Monday the 9th @ 10:30am: Family Story Time
- Wednesday the 11th @ 6:00pm: Movie Night for All (Elf)
- Thursday the 12th @ 12:30pm: Homeschool Book Club