Happy new year! And just like that, the holidays are here and gone, and 2020 has started. We hope it will be a wonderful year for you and for all of us in the Vicksburg community. Now it’s time to get the kids back in school and back to doing what we love, which is being your great library!
After the holiday break, Family Story Time and Mugs & Hugs are back! Youth Librarian Stephanie will be hosting both programs on their regular days once more during the month of January. Family Story Time will be held on Mondays at 10:30am. Mugs & Hugs are held on Wednesdays at 10:30am. Programs are for children from ages infant to 4 and require an adult caregiver to be present at all times. Be sure to see our calendar of events for details.
The next session of Homeschool Book Club is this Thursday the 9th at 12:30pm. Bring a bag lunch with you and get ready to talk about this month’s topic, sports and athletics. See you there!
CHECK THIS OUT!
The Vicksburg District Library is hiring! We are currently seeking applicants for a Library Page. This 6 hour per week position is great for teens looking to start their first job or anyone wishing to enter into the professional library field. Applicants must be 16 years of age or older and understand the Dewey Decimal System. A Page may be asked to move 20 pounds at a time. Other tasks may be assigned as needed. Further details can be found on our employment page. Please fill out an application and return it to the Circulation Desk. We will be in contact if you are chosen for an interview!
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Monday the 6th @ 10:30am: Family Story Time
- Tuesday the 7th @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 7th @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Wednesday the 8th @ 10:30am: Mugs & Hugs
- Wednesday the 8th @ 7:00pm: Yoga Story Time
- Thursday the 9th @ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Thursday the 9th @ 12:30pm: Homeschool Book Club
- Saturday the 11th @ 10:00am: SW Michigan Button Box Club
- Wednesday the 15th @ 2:45pm: Bulldog Break Time
- Wednesday the 15th @ 6:00pm: Gaming Group (Yahtzee)
- Thursday the 16th @ 6:00pm: Library Board Meeting