(taps microphone) Is this thing on?
It’s been a few crazy weeks here at the Vicksburg District Library, so we apologize that we haven’t been able to keep up with the blog over the last few weeks. That being said, we are back in action and have plenty to report today!
We are currently hiring and we’re on the hunt for a clerk for our Circulation Desk. This 10 to 15 hour per week position is great for anyone wishing to enter into the professional library field. Applicants must understand the basic functions of the Public Library, have great customer service and communications skills, and be ready to serve as a respected part of the Vicksburg Community. All those interested, please fill out an application and return it to the Circulation Desk by this Friday, February 21st at 5:00pm. For further details, see the job posting on our Employment Page!
The Gaming Group will be hosting Euchre this Wednesday, February 19th at 6:00pm! Bring a group of four or just yourself and we’ll indulge in one of Michigan’s favorite pastimes.
Youth Librarian Stephanie will be hosting the teens (grades 6 – 12) for Bulldog Break Time on Wednesday, February 19th at 2:45pm, right after school. Come play Mario Kart on the WiiU, get creative with some Legos, or just sit back and have a snack with your friends.
Check This Out
The Vicksburg District Library is proud to announce a brand new program partnered with the Distant Whistle Brewhouse from downtown Vicksburg. The Books & Brew Book Club will be held on the fourth Wednesday of each month at 6:00pm at the Distant Whistle, located at 118 S. Main Street, just around the corner from the Library. Our first meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 25th at 6:00pm. To help determine the size of our reservation, registration is kindly requested here or at the Circulation Desk each month. Attendees are kindly asked to purchase a drink in exchange for the use of space. If you have any questions, please contact Librarian Adrianne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: For liability reasons, this club is strictly for those who are 21 years of age and older. Thank you.
Dates to Remember
- Tuesday the 18th @ 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Tuesday the 18th @ 7:00pm: Tai Chi Practice
- Wednesday the 19th @ 10:30am: Mugs & Hugs
- Wednesday the 19th @ 2:45pm: Bulldog Break Time
- Wednesday the 19th @ 6:00pm: The Gaming Group (Euchre Night)
- Thursday the 20th @ 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00)
- Thursday the 20th @ 6:00pm: Library Board Meeting
- Monday the 24th @ 10:30am: Family Story Time
- Monday the 24th @ 7:00pm: Quilters Class
- Wednesday the 26th @ 1:00pm: Writer’s Roundtable
- Wednesday the 26th @ 6:00pm: Movie Night for All (Spaceballs)