We hope you got outside to enjoy the nice weather this weekend! Wasn’t it so nice and sunny? Of course, by the end of the week we are looking at snow again. Winter in the Kalamazoo area, as always. Only 25 days until spring!
The Writer’s Roundtable is meeting this Wednesday, February 26th at 1:00pm for all of you creative writing types. This month’s prompt is as follows: Open a book or magazine in your reading pile to a page of your choice. Pick six words from the page that sound interesting to you. Write a piece that uses all six words.
Movie Night for All is meeting on Wednesday evening, February 26th at 6:00pm. We will be showing the classic comedy Spaceballs from the legendary Mel Brooks! Admission is free and popcorn will be served for all attendees. Come join us for a good laugh and may the Schwartz be with you!
Check This Out
Join us on Saturday, March 7th at 2:00pm as the Vicksburg District Library screens the Academy Award nominated film, Harriet. This screening is aimed at 6th graders through adults, so please keep in mind that children age 10 and younger will not be permitted without an adult present. Popcorn will be served, but please bring your own drink. Admission is free and registration is not required. We hope to see you there!
Dates to Remember
- Monday the 24th at 7:00pm: Quilters Class
- Tuesday the 25th at 9:30am: Bridge Club
- Wednesday the 26th at 10:30am: Mugs & Hugs
- Wednesday the 26th at 1:00pm: Writer’s Roundtable
- Wednesday the 26th at 6:00pm: Movie Night for All (Spaceballs)
- Thursday the 27th at 10:45am: Tai Chi with Ed Kehoe ($5.00 walk-in fee)
- Saturday the 29th at 10:00am: Quilters Group
- Monday the 2nd at 10:30am: Family Story Time
- Wednesday the 4th at 6:00pm: Yarn Arts Circle
- Thursday the 5th at 9:00am: Book Club for Adults
- Saturday the 7th at 2:00pm: Harriet Film Screening