It’s hard to believe, but we are halfway through July already! Seems too quick, don’t ya think? We’ve already heard the mutterings of the words, “pumpkin spice.” However, we are still working on our Summer Reading Program with Mrs. W and using the pool while we still have the chance. Besides, there is nothing quite like a Vicksburg summer!
Over the weekend, it was announced by Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer that those seeking public services without use of a face mask could face a penalty fine of up to $500 per Executive Order 2020-147. While we at the Vicksburg District Library are following this order, we wish to still provide services to those who are unable to wear masks for medical reasons. Some options could be offering you use of a face shield or making a Curbside Pickup Service appointment. If you fall under this category, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 649-1648 so we can make arrangements to properly serve you. Thank you for your cooperation and please continue to stay safe and healthy.
Tonight at 6:00pm on Facebook Live, Adrianne the Librarian will be holding another session of Books & Brew! Learn how to make a great whiskey sour while she talks about all the great options available to children this summer when it comes to doing the Summer Reading Program.
Are your little ones missing Mrs. W? She is missing the kiddos too. But you can all catch her during the summer on SRP Story Time Live! Log onto our Facebook page on Mondays at 10:30am, and Mrs. W will read to you and let you sing-a-long on screen.
SRP Book Clubs are up and running! Be sure to register for your appropriate age group so Mrs. W can get you the log in information. Then simply log on for your session during the following schedule:
- 7th – 12th Grade: Tuesday at 2:00pm
- 4th – 6th Grade: Tuesday at 6:30pm
- 4th – 6th Grade: Wednesday at 11:00am
Any and all questions about Summer Reading Program can be directed to Mrs. W.
DATES OF INTEREST
- Monday the 13th at 6:00pm: Books & Brews Live on Facebook
- Tuesday the 14th at 2:00pm: Book Club 7th – 12th Grade
- Tuesday the 14th at 6:30pm: Book Club 4th – 6th Grade
- Wednesday the 15th: Tax Day
- Wednesday the 15th at 11:00am: Book Club 4th – 6th Grade
- Thursday the 16th at 6:00pm: Library Board Meeting
- Monday the 13th at 10:30am: Virtual Story Time Live on Facebook