Hello hello everyone! It’s a big day at the Vicksburg District Library. After a few months of offering only Curbside Services, the Library opened to the public once more this morning! Patrons are able to come in and browse the stacks, use the computers, and get copies/faxes done. Still playing it safe? We are still offering Curbside Services as well. Here’s a few things you should know about reopening before you come to visit…
Some resources and services may be limited or not available at this time. They are subject to change at any time and are not limited to the following list:
- Four (4) patron computers are socially distanced and available for use at this time. A time limit of one (1) hour per patron per day is enforced.
- The library has removed much of the furniture to encourage social distancing and limit lingering.
- The Heritage Room is closed. However, use of materials is available by setting an appointment with the Library Director.
- No meeting rooms are available for registration. This includes use of the Quiet Room.
- Periodicals and newspapers are not available at this time.
- We are not accepting any donated materials at this time. We suggest contacting the Portage Goodwill Store at (269) 552-5260. Thank you for thinking of us!
- Programming has been limited to online/virtual programming for all ages until further notice. See our Calendar of Events for a listing of what we have coming up.
- Toys are unavailable in the children’s area.
- The receipt of MeLCat Interlibrary Loan items may take longer than expected.
We are still quarantining items for seven (7) days before they are being checked in. However, items are being checked in for their original date of return, so at that time, all fines and fees on your account will be waived and erased. If ten (10) days after you have returned your items you still see fines associated on your account, contact us and we will make sure they are corrected. You may still receive overdue notices at this time. Sadly as they are automatically generated by our system, we cannot do anything about them. We apologize for the annoyance.
The use of cloth face masks is being strictly enforced at this time for all visitors age five (5) and older. Those who cannot tolerate a face mask medically are encouraged to contact us so we can accommodate you before your visit.
If you have any questions or concerns, please consult our webpage Currently at the Library or give us a call at (269) 649-1648. We are happy to assist you!
Welcome back to the library! Please continue to stay safe and healthy at this time!