The days are warming up here in Vicksburg! The Senior Bulldogs are getting ready to graduate on Thursday evening (CONGRATULATIONS!) and everyone is gearing up for Memorial Day weekend. While things are slowly and cautiously getting back to normal, the Vicksburg District Library does have a few announcements for you to keep in mind.
While the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Governor Whitmer have lifted mask mandates, the Vicksburg District Library falls under the realm of the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MiOSHA). What this means is that the Library is one of those places that is required to still have all patrons wear a face mask for the entirety of their visit, regardless if they have or have not been vaccinated against COVID-19. So in regards to masking, nothing has changed for us here. All those who enter the building and are two years old and older must wear a mask securely over their mouth and nose until they exit. Those who cannot tolerate a face mask for medical reasons are encouraged to contact us at 269-649-1648 so we can set up a Curbside Appointment for you. If you have any questions, please feel from to contact the Library Director, Eric Hansen.
SUMMER HOURS AND MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
This week our summer hours go into effect and we will not be open on Sundays until the fall. Our open hours until then are as follows:
- Monday through Thursday: 10:00am to 8:30pm
- Friday and Saturday: 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Sundays: Closed
We will also be closed this coming Monday, May 31st in observance of Memorial Day. We will reopen on Tuesday, June 1st for our regular hours.
The Vicksburg District Library is once again accepting donations. Please keep in mind the following before bringing your donated items in:
- If a patron wishes to bring in more than two grocery bags worth of items for donation, they are kindly asked to speak with the Library Director first.
- The Vicksburg District Library reserves the right to refuse donated items.
Items we CAN accept:
- Adult fiction books
- Adult non-fiction books
- Young adult and teen books
- Children’s books
While the material can be in used condition, we kindly ask for no ripped or missing pages.
Items we CANNOT accept:
- Encyclopedias: World Books, Encyclopedia Britannica, etc.
- Textbooks: This includes media/law journals, and any learning material from elementary to the university level.
- Periodicals: Magazines and newspapers. The “Free to Take Bin” will not be placed out for the foreseeable future.
- VHS cassettes, music cassettes, record albums, 3.5’ or older floppy discs.
Any old, moldy, or damaged items are prohibited from being donated. We also kindly ask that you do not leave donated items on the library steps after hours as this could pose a safety risk.
At this time, there is no information available about the scheduling of the yearly book sale.
Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you in advance for your donations!
SUMMER READING PROGRAM
Registration for the Summer Reading Program will open in June. This year’s program will be open to all ages! Each participant will register under one of the following groups:
- Early Literacy (Ages 4 and under)
- Elementary (Completed grades BK/K-5th grade)
- Tweens & Teens (Completed grades 6th-12th)
Stay tuned to our website and social media for details as prizes are up for grabs for all!
The Answer: The classic fun game show with a virtual twist!
The Question: What is Zoom Jeopardy?
Join us online as Adrianne the Librarian hosts a game of Jeopardy for patrons to play via Zoom. Participates can win a prize pack from the Vicksburg District Library! Join us via the link on our Calendar of Events.