Taking safe measures during the pandemic, but you still want to pick up books from the Vicksburg District Library? We’ve got you covered! Read the information below to learn how to book a Curbside Service appointment for yourself and we’ll do all the running in between.
Curbside Services are provided strictly by appointment only. Appointment times may be subject to the availability of staff. We apologize, but Curbside Services are not available on Saturday and Sunday.
Curbside Service Hours
- Monday: 11:00am to 7:30pm
- Tuesday: 11:00am to 7:30pm
- Wednesday: 11:00am to 7:30pm
- Thursday: 11:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday: 11:00am to 4:00pm
How Do I Set Up a Curbside Appointment?
- Place an item on hold in our catalog or the MeL catalog. Don’t have access to the internet? Feel free to give us a call at the library and we can place items on hold for you!
- Please do NOT call to make an appointment at this stage. Depending on the item and its availability, it may not be ready to go out right away, which can cause a delay on our end.
- Once your item is physically in hand and ready to be checked out, we will call or email you that your item is ready for pick up and we can make an appointment at that time.
- Missed our call? Simply call us back and say you received confirmation that your item is in. We can still make the pickup appointment.
- At your appointment time, pull in and call us from the parking lot letting us know you have arrived.
- Kindly do not come up to the front door unless you are placing items in the drop boxes for return.
- Also, please be sure to wear your face mask for safety and have your library card or driver’s license out and ready.
- Give us a few minutes to gather your items and check them out to your account.
- When we approach your vehicle, please present your card for verification. And you are all set! Take your items home to enjoy.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at (269) 649-1648 or email us at email@example.com. We are more than willing to assist you in the best and safest ways possible!
Other Services Available Curbside
Make an appointment with us and we can also take care of the following services:
- copying items that are already printed by a patron
- faxing items
- laminating items
- registering and renewing library cards
Please note that we do not accept debit or credit card. We only take cash or personal check.
Services Not Available Curbside
The following services are strictly NOT available for Curbside Service:
- printing from email, downloads, and USB drives
- resizing hard copies and/or photos
- computer usage
Can’t Go in to Browse the Stacks?
Do you love wandering the shelves to choose your books, but you don’t want to risk coming in to the Library right now? Ask Stephanie what to read and she’ll make up a book bundle for you! Select your category below, fill out the corresponding information on the form, and we’ll let you know when your new favorite books are ready for pick up.