PARTY IN THE PARK HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Unfortunately, our Party in the Park event has been cancelled. However, there is still some fun you can have at home this year! Check out all the online content for Party in the Park virtually from the Kalamazoo Public Library on KPL TV.
Various stories are read virtually by KPL librarians and names from around Kalamazoo area. We hope to see you in person next year!
Family Story Time is for children ages infant to four-years-old and their caregivers. We will listen to stories, sing songs and rhymes, and have lots of fun! A simple craft or activity will be available at the end of story time to take home.
This year we are offering two choices for Story Time. Mondays at 10:30am and Wednesdays (beginning on September 29th) at 10:30am. The stories and activities at these events will be the same each week, so choose the most convenient time for your family!
Can’t make it to Story Time in-person? Be sure to check our Facebook page to see a recording of the program later in the day.
Please note the following safety precautions for our Story Time program:
- We will do our best to be spaced out and socially distanced.
- Families are encouraged to mask up, but are not required to.
- Children should be at arm’s reach of their caregivers throughout the program.
- If anyone is not feeling well, please stay home and watch the program online later in the day.
- There will not be play time at the end of the program.
- If Vicksburg Community Schools are closed due to weather, the program will not meet.
- Story Time is subject to change/cancellation based on COVID-19 restrictions.
Family Story Time meets in the Meeting Room on the lower level of the Vicksburg District Library. You may take either the stairs or elevator to join us. Please park any strollers or wagons in the Meeting Room and not upstairs in the lobby. Thank you.
READY TO READ MICHIGAN
Ready to Read Michigan will engage parents and caregivers of children, ages infant to 5 years, in Michigan with the five practices of ECRR (Every Child Ready to Read). Visit the website here for many fun ideas and way to encourage reading in your home.