As of Wednesday, May 19, 2021, the Vicksburg District Library is once again accepting the donations. Please keep in mind the following before bringing your donations in:
- If a patron wishes to bring in more than two grocery bags worth of items for donation, they are kindly asked to speak with the Library Director first.
- The Vicksburg District Library reserves the right to refuse donated items.
Items we can accept:
- Adult fiction books
- Adult non-fiction book
- Young adult and teen books
- Children’s books
While the material can be in used condition, we kindly ask for no ripped or missing pages.
Items we CANNOT accept:
- Encyclopedias: World Books, Encyclopedia Britannica, etc.
- Textbooks: This includes media/law journals, and any learning material from elementary to the university level.
- Periodicals: Magazines and newspapers. The “Free to Take Bin” will not be placed out for the foreseeable future.
- VHS cassettes, music cassettes, record albums, 3.5’ or older floppy discs.
Any old, moldy, or damaged items are prohibited from being donated. We also kindly ask that you do not leave donated items on the library steps after hours as this could pose a safety risk.
If you have any questions in regard to donations, you are more than welcome to contact us at (269) 649-1648 and we will be happy to assist you.
Lastly, but greatest of all, thank you most sincerely for your donations to help benefit the Vicksburg District Library and its Youth Department.