CURBSIDE PICKUP SERVICE HOURS
- Monday: 11:00am to 7:30pm
- Tuesday: 11:00am to 7:30pm
- Wednesday: 11:00am to 7:30pm
- Thursday: 11:00am to 7:30pm
- Friday: 11:00am to 4:30pm
- Saturday: 11:00am to 4:30pm
- Sunday: 2:00pm to 4:30pm
HOW DO I SET UP A CURBSIDE PICKUP APPOINTMENT?
We understand that there has been some confusion on how to set up a Curbside Pickup Appointment, so here are some easy steps for you to get the library items you want and need while the Vicksburg District Library is closed to the public:
- Place an item on hold in our catalog or the MeL catalog. Don’t have access to the internet? Feel free to give us a call at the library and we can place items on hold for you!
- Please do NOT call to make an appointment at this stage. Depending on the item and its availability, it may not be ready to go out right away, which can cause a delay on our end.
- Once your item is physically in hand and ready to be checked out, we will call or email you that your item is ready for pick up and we can make an appointment at that time.
- Missed our call? Simply call us back and say you received confirmation that your item is in. We can still make the pickup appointment.
- At your appointment time, pull in and call us from the parking lot letting us know you have arrived.
- Kindly do not come up to the front door unless you are placing items in the drop boxes for return. Only employees are allowed in the building at this time.
- Also, please be sure to wear your mask for safety and have your library card or driver’s license out and ready.
- Give us a few minutes to gather your item and check it out to your account.
- When we approach your vehicle, please present your card for verification. And you are all set! Take your items home to enjoy.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at (269) 649-1648 or email us at email@example.com. While the building is not open to the public at this time, we are more than willing to assist you in the best and safest ways possible!
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE CURBSIDE
Make an appointment with us and we can also take care of the following services:
- coping items that are already printed by a patron
- faxing items
- laminating items
- registering and renewing library cards
Please keep in mind that we do not accept debit or credit card. We only take cash or personal check at this time.
SERVICES NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
The following services are strictly NOT available at this time while we are closed to the public:
- printing from email, downloads, and USB drives
- resizing hard copies and/or photos
- computer usage/checkout
LIKE TO BROWSE THE STACKS WHEN WE’RE OPEN AND YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW THAT WE’RE CLOSED?
We understand that a number of patrons are missing the feeling of wandering the stacks and just discovering a book. So what we have for you are selected book bundles! Select your category below, fill out the corresponding information on the form, and we’ll let you know when your new favorite books are ready for pick up!
Wondering what’s trending, selling well, and popular? Be sure to check The New York Times Best Seller List for the current complete listing of all books from adult to children’s. Results change from week to week.
Goodreads is a great resource to see what everyone is currently reading and talking about too. See ratings, reviews, and even information from the authors of your favorite books. Don’t forget to check out the Most Read This Week in Adult Fiction and Most Read This Week in Nonfiction lists. You can also search for books based on genres like history, science, and humor! This website is also a great resource if you’re seeking the next book in the series you are falling head over heels for.
Also, don’t forget to check out what’s available on OverDrive, which you can access from home with they use of a Wifi connection and your Vicksburg District Library card number! In addition to e-books, you can also access audiobooks and films. And when your due date comes up, OverDrive turns in your items for you, so there is never any fines or fees! So it’s definitely worth the look.
We are still here to serve our Vicksburg community in the safest way possible during the pandemic and we hope to return to normal service soon. Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and a wonderful new year to one and all!